Manager, Volunteer Services
The Manager, Volunteer Services will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer recruitment program to provide a supplementary workforce through the use of individual volunteers covering the USO of Metropolitan New York (USO) geographic service area. The position requires strong customer service skills and the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally. The USO services the five boroughs of New York City, parts of New York State, northern New Jersey and Connecticut.
Specific Duties and Key Responsibilities
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Recruit volunteers in tri-state area for USO Centers and programming.
- Implement intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure match of skills and organizational needs.
- Manage the volunteer program to include recruitment, recognition and retention programs.
- Manage the volunteer recognition program including but not limited to an annual Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures related to the day-to-day management of volunteer workforce.
- Manage a centralized up to date tracking system to manage all volunteer data. Serve as primary point of contact for volunteer management software vendor, system monitoring and improvement, User ID requests and login assistance.
- Conduct, analyze and report results of volunteer and center satisfaction surveys. Prepare and present metrics and reports, including monthly, quarterly and annual volunteer statistics and demographics.
- Manage volunteer assignments and logistics at area-wide facilities and events, including establishment of protocol to activate volunteer workforce to operate independent of professional presence.
- Develop and deliver training/outreach materials to effectively conduct orientations, tours, in-person presentations, seminars and training workshops for new volunteers.
- Clearly communicate the USO “Mission” ensuring all volunteers work toward the same goals.
- Write and produce a quarterly Volunteer Newsletter and deliver to all volunteers.
- Manage volunteer website in accordance with National guidelines and train all volunteers on usage.
- Previous experience in nonprofit and/or volunteer management preferred
- Travel within tri-state area
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Organized and extremely attentive to detail
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com