POSITION TITLE: Center Operations, Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Programs & Services
LOCATION: USO Center Port Authority - Times Square
Responsible for the day-to-day operation aspects of the USO Center to include daily cleaning, stocking, and inventory.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain operability for all facilities and equipment (i.e. coffee makers, telephones, computers, Wi-Fi accessibility, gaming consoles, etc.).
- Monitor supply inventory and replenish stock.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness within the center including but not limited to: mopping, dusting, vacuuming, windows.
- Manage day-to-day center operational procedures, ensuring a safe, welcoming, clean and well-maintained environment.
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service.
- USO Mobile Van loading/ unloading and driving to and from USO programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors necessary to perform the job successfully. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- 3+ years progressively responsible work experience in an operations role. Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to keep America’s service members connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation.
For more information, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org